How to Make Doughnut Cones
Channel those summer vibes with these fun and quirky doughnut cones by Wilton, designed to look like colourful rubber rings on the beach! With a chewy surprise in the centre of each cone, plus a scrummy doughnut on top, what’s not to like about these?!
1. Prepare rice cereal treats following recipe instructions. Spoon into sugar cones (each cone takes 3 tablespoons), filling ¼ in from top.
Baked Doughnut Recipe
225g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
175g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
30g melted butter
1 tsp Wilton Vanilla Extract
Wilton doughnut pan
Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3. Spray the doughnut pan with Wilton Cake Release.
Take a large bowl, and sift the flour, baking powder and salt into it. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, beaten egg, melted butter and extracts together and add this to the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
Using a teaspoon fill each of the doughnut cups around ¾ full with the batter. (Do not overfill otherwise the doughnuts won’t have holes!)
Place in the oven and bake for about 8 minutes, or until firm, and springy. Cool slightly.
Turn the doughnuts out and arrange on your cake stand or plate.
2. Prepare doughnut batter following recipe instructions. Bake and cool.
Rice Cereal Treat Recipe
55g butter or margarine
160g mini marshmallows
190g crisp rice cereal
In large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add cereal; mix well. Press into prepared pan; insert cookie sticks. When cool to touch, remove from pan. Repeat with remaining cereal mixture. (If mixture becomes hard to work with, microwave at 50% Power 30-60 seconds to soften.)
3. Melt Bright White, Blue, Yellow and Pink Candy Melts, separately, according to package instructions. Prepare decorating bags, separately, with melted candy. Cut medium hole in tip.
Place doughnuts on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper. Pipe melted candy on doughnuts, alternating colors. Tap lightly to remove excess. Immediately sprinkle with white Sugar Pearls and sprinkles. Transfer doughnuts to parchment paper-lined cake board. Chill until set, about 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve remaining Bright White and Pink candy for next step.
4. Dip top of cone diagonally into melted Pink candy; tap to remove excess. Repeat with all cones. Chill until set, about 5 to 10 minutes. Repeat on other side with melted Bright White candy. Chill until set, about 5 to 10 minutes. Reserve remaining Bright White candy for next step.
5. Place cones in cone rack. Prepare decorating bag with remaining Bright White candy; cut medium hole in tip. Pipe candy on top of rice cereal treat; position doughnut. Repeat for all treats. Let set, about 10 to 15 minutes