How to Make Crown Biscuits
Make these gorgeously decorative crown biscuits for your Royal Wedding party and WOW your guests! These look almost too good to eat, thanks to the deliciously rich and smooth colourways of Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing.
- 125g butter or margarine
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour – sieved
- Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until smooth then gradually stir in the flour to form a smooth paste.
- Wrap the shortbread in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the shortbread to 1cm thickness on a work surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Using a crown shaped cutter (or cut around a crown shaped template) cut out the shortbread crowns and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pale-golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Knead and Roll Renshaw White icing and pin out on a clean surface, then use crown cutter to cut out shapes and stick to biscuit using water.
- Knead and Roll out Renshaw Red icing and make 10 Malteser sized ball, then use a smoother to roll these into thin small sausages, then stick on biscuits using water.
- Add Glitter Flakes or dragées and silver and gold small balls to decorate.