How to Make Cosmic Shimmer Halloween Pumpkins
Create beautiful handmade Halloween decorations for your home with a helping hand from your Cosmic Shimmer supplies.
- Colour two sheets of white card with the Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Polish in Tango Tease, then using a blending sponge, colour two white card sheets with Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Blending Ink in Terracotta and then with the final two sheets, place self-adhesive sheets over the top, remove protective cover and completely cover with Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes. Using the sponge applicator burnish and buff off the excess.
2. Using an oblong template or die, cut out 12 shapes the same size from each colour. With the shapes cut out emboss the Tango Tease oblongs with the Bubble Burst embossing folder. Touch up any areas that need it after embossing.
3. Fold in half so that the white faces inwards and use a bone folder to create a neat crisp edge. Once folded glue each piece to another. Do this for all three pumpkins, to create a tall pumpkin fold vertical.
Top Tip: Do this in sections so to minimise movement, then glue them all together.
4. For the pumpkin made from Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Blending Ink, before gluing all the sections together, roll the edges of the sections into Perfect Medium ink and sprinkle over embossing powder and heat set.
Top Tip: Separate each ‘segment’ once the embossing powder has cooled slightly so that they do not stick together.
5. Trim slithers of card from Forest Green and curl around a pencil or paintbrush.
6. Glue the leaf into place, this can be hand cut leaves die-cut, along with the coiled paper.