How to Make Colour Swirl Christmas Cupcakes
If you’ve never tried Wilton’s amazing Colour Swirl kit before, now is the time to try it – these Colour Swirl Christmas cupcakes are ideal for beginners and look amazing without being tricky at all. Top with gold sprinkles or stars for added Christmas cheer!
For the cupcakes – makes 12
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 large, free range eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract »
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160ºc. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla extract, mix. Add flour and milk, mix to a soft dropping consistency.
2. Line cupcake tin with cake cases and fill with batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a cocktail stick comes out clean and the tops are soft and golden brown.
3. Separate 900g of Wilton Creamy Decorators Icing into 3 bowls, leave 1 bowl white. Tint 1 bowl to a light green colour and tint the third bowl a darker green colour using the Wilton Gel Icing Colour.
4. Put together the Colour Swirl Decorating Coupler according to instructions, using the Wilton 1M piping tip. Half fill each of the 3 bags in the 3 colours. (1 white, 1 light green and 1 dark green.)
5. Pipe a swirl onto each of the cupcakes, starting at the edge of each cake and swirl around the cake coming toward the centre of the cake to end up in the centre of the cake. Release the pressure and pull away – this should leave a clear tip at the top of the cake, which is the tip of the tree.
6. Sprinkle with the decoration of your choice as shown.