How to Make Christmas Maché Tree Decorations
These little Christmas maché decorations can be painted, decoupaged or covered in felt – whatever your kids prefer! With a little Christmas music, this craft would make a lovely activity for a festive party or could just be a nice way to spend a wintry December afternoon.
1. Paint the bauble with a base coat of white and leave to dry. Cut or tear the decoupage paper into small squares.
2. Working in sections, use a paintbrush to apply glue to the bauble and place a piece of decoupage paper on top. Cover the whole bauble in paper, then add a layer of glue. Leave to dry.
3. Once dry, glue pom poms onto the bauble.
1. Paint the front, sides and back of the decoration brown and leave to dry.
2. Glue googly eyes onto the face and add a little smile with black sharpie.
3. For the bow tie, cut a scrap of glitter paper into a bow shape and a small strip in another colour for the middle. Wrap the strip around the centre of the bow and glue onto the gingerbread man.
4. Mark 2 wavy lines onto each arm and leg in pencil then stick the adhesive gems to lines. You may find it easiest to use a tweezer for this as the gems are very small and fiddly!
5. Finish with some pom pom buttons and your dapper gingerbread man is tree ready.
6. Paint your angel’s face pink and leave to dry.
7. Carefully remove the wings and cover one side in PVA glue. Sprinkle glitter over the glue and leave to dry. Repeat for the other side.
8. Wrap white felt around the body and glue in place at the back. Trim the excess.
9. To make the hair, loop orange wool around three fingers 15-20 times. Pull off and cut through one end of the loop to create strands of hair. Add glue to the head and place the hair on top. Tie into bunches and trim the ends to neaten.
10. For the halo, bend half a silver pipe cleaner into a circle a little largr than the head and twist the ends together. Glue onto the top of the angel’s head.
11. Cut a strip of white felt for the arms and glue on two pink hands at each end.
12. Wrap the arms around the body and glue at the back. Glue a wooden star in between the hands.
13. Glue the silver wings back in place on the angel and add a little face using red and black sharpies.