How To Make Christmas Gift Jars
It is that time of the year when we are starting to think about Christmas gifts and what we can create for a personal touch. If you have young children you will know how difficult it can be thinking of a gift for the teacher or maybe thinking of a small gift you can give to friends and neighbours.
With this in mind I have decorated these Christmas gift jars which can be filled with home made bakes, sweets and chocolates or even as an alternative packaging to goodies that you have bought in store.
These projects are made using the dies from the Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit and although the dies aren’t specifically designed for Christmas they work great on your Christmas projects by cutting them from Christmas coloured cardstock.
- Trim two layered strips of cardstock to fit around the jar.
2. Adhere the cardstock strips to the jar using double sided tape and wrap around the twine
3. Die cut the flowers and the flower backing from the Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit. Layer together and add an adhesive stone to the centre. Stamp and cut the stamp and layer on to red cardstock.
4. Using a hot glue gun adhere the flowers and the stamped image.
5. Fill the jar with the gift and tie the twine around the lid. Tie into a bow and add a die cut heart from the Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit.
Of course you could make a whole matching set and put them into a hamper.
If you make handmade jam or chutney these handmade jars would be perfect to add the finishing touches.