How to Make Caramel Pecan Brownies
Craving some caramel after last night’s Bake Off? So are we, so our lovely friends at Wilton came up with this recipe for simple, oozing, nutty and deliciously irresistible caramel pecan brownies for pure indulgence. Serve warm with ice cream as a dessert or simply with a cup of tea for an afternoon treat!
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract »
- 130g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 170g butter (cut into pieces)
- 60g unsweetened chocolate (chopped)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 75g pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 100g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 100g toffee chips
- 60ml caramel ice cream sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Coat Wilton Tray Bake Pan with Wilton Cake Release.
2. In small bowl, combine flour and salt. In large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in 35g pecans, chocolate chips and toffee chips. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining pecans evenly over top.
3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely. Drizzle with caramel sauce.