How to Make Cake Pops
Want to make something a little bit different for that special someone? Well we may just have the answer with these great cake pops.
They’re perfect for those with a sweet tooth! The cake pops are covered in chocolate and then decorated using edible sprinkles, you could even use edible glitter », the choice is yours!
Images and how to instructions courtesy of Wilton »
- Two eight-inch cake layers » Favorite cake, baked
- 125 grams of ready-roll white icing »
- One packet of Wilton Candy Melts »
- Buttercream icing »
- White, Dark Cocoa and Pink Candy Melts »
- Sprinkles and sugars of your choice »
- Wilton Non-stick Cookie Tin »
- Wilton Cooling Grid »
- Eight-inch Wilton Lollipop sticks »
- Wilton Pops Decorating Stand »
- Food-safe scissors
- Parchment triangles
- In large bowl, use hands to crumble cake until no large chunks remain.
- Add icing; mix with fingers until well combined.
- Form mixture into cake balls.
- Chill in refrigerator at least two hours.
- Melt Candy Melts according to package directions.
- Dip sticks into melted Candy Melts and insert into cake balls; let set. Wait until completely firm before dipping the pops completely in melted Candy Melts.
Decorating the Cake Pops
- Melt Candy Melts. Melt Candy Melts according to package directions.
- Decorate sprinkled cake pops. Dip cake pop in melted Candy Melts and add sprinkles. Chill in stand until firm ten to 15 minutes.
- Decorate drizzled cake pops. Dip cake pop in melted Candy Melts. Chill in stand until firm, about ten to 15 minutes. Use melted Candy Melts in alternative colour in cut parchment bags to drizzle design. Chill in stand until firm three to five minutes.
- Decorate two-tone cake pops. Dip cake pop in either melted Candy Melts. Chill in stand until firm ten to 15 minutes. Dip cake pop half way at an angle in opposite colour melted Candy Melts. Chill in stand until firm, about three to five minutes. Use melted Candy Melts in cut parchment bags to pipe line at centre seam and to pipe dots. Chill in stand until firm three to five minutes.
Why not try your hand at other designs?