How to Make Bright Christmas Crackers
Brighten up everyone’s day with these bright Christmas crackers! Make it extra special with these handmade crackers, perfect to make your dining table pop with colour this Christmas.
1. Begin by sticking a piece of double sided tape on to your ready-made cracker, then carefully roll the paper being sure not to cause any creases.
2. Cut of any excess paper so that it is flush to the cracker and carefully begin twisting and squeezing the paper in to the joining areas.
3. Use your chosen ribbon to pull the paper together, creating a cracker formation. Be careful not to pull too tight, too quickly as you don’t want to make the paper tear.
4. Repeat this process on both ends of the cracker/cardboard tube.
5. I’m going to show you how to create a fun, colourful and bold style using crepe paper and thickers. Cut out lengths of crepe paper measured to the diameter of the end of your cracker tube. You’ll need two pieces per cracker.
6. Attach double sided tape around the top of the opening and peel off. Then, roll up your piece of crepe paper, put it inside the end of the cracker then carefully unroll it whilst sticking it to the tape.
7. Cut of any excess crepe paper to the length you wish to overlap.
8. Create as many crackers in as many colours as you wish. Once that’s complete, it’s time to have some fun with thickers! Use the thickers to create festive slogans or words, or even use them to personalise your cracker for your guests by adding their name.
9. I decided to use catchy phrases such as ‘Holly Jolly’ and ‘Merry & Bright’, but the decision is really up to you!