How to Make Birthday Happy Mail
Celebrate an extra-special occasion, with an extra-special piece of birthday happy mail! The American Crafts themed collections make things nice and simple, as each collection comprises of paper pads, ephemera packs, stickers (in all shapes and sizes) and embellishments, so you can create a completely coordinated card in no time.
For our piece of birthday happy mail, we’ve created an envelope card with a concealed pocket in the top, perfect for stashing gift vouchers or handwritten well-wishes. Follow the tutorial below to find out how to make your own.
- 5 x 7″ White Card Blanks »
- 12 x 12″ Stay Colourful Loose Paper – available in-store only
- Dear Lizzy Stay Colurful 6 x 6″ Paper Pad »
- Dear Lizzy Stay Colourful Die-cut Ephemera Pack »
- Dear Lizzy Accent & Phrase Stickers »
- A5 Champagne Glitter Cardstock »
- We R Memory Keepers Mini Alphabet Punch Board »
- Coloured Cardstock »
- Start by creating the envelope to house the card; take a 5 x 7″ card blank and lay out flat on a craft mat. Trim 1″ from the right-hand edge and score 1″ from the left-hand edge. Create another score line horizontally 1cm up from the base of the card. Remove the scored section from the bottom right-hand side of the card and the small section in the bottom left-hand corner.
2. Trim the corners from the scored tab sections, then add double-sided tape.
3. Turn the card blank over, and fold the tabs along the previously made score lines to the inside and secure to the left-hand panel of the card blank. Place to one side.
4. Trim a selection of strips 2cm wide from the 6 x 6″ Dear Lizzy Stay Colourful paper pad. Secure diagonally to the front of the envelope, overlapping the edges. Once the panel is completely covered, trim away any excess using a sharp pair of scissors.
Top Tip- For some of the diagonal strips you will need to secure two end-to-end, ensure this is done towards the middle of the envelope so that it can be hidden later on.
5. Trim a piece of white textured cardstock to 8 x 15cm and secure centrally to the front of the envelope with foam pads, decorate with your choice of stickers and glitter cardstock.
6. To create the card, take a 5 x 7″ card blank and trim down to 9.5 x 16cm. Cover the front with a piece of patterned cardstock trimmed to 9 x 15.5cm.
7. Use the We R Memory Keepers Mini Alphabet Punch Board to create the B’day greeting from champagne glitter and turquoise cardstock, use the included guide to help you cut out each of the letters. Secure the turquoise letters to the back of the glitter cardstock slightly off-setting them to the left. Adhere to the front of the card blank with foam pads. Handy-cut an apostrophe and adhere between the B and D.
8. To complete, add a sentiment and bird sticker to the top of the card.