How to Make Betty Crocker Reindeer Cupcakes
Little hands will enjoy transforming these easy-to-make chocolate-frosted cupcakes into mini-reindeer. Follow the recipe below by Betty Crocker to make your own!
125ml vegetable oil
3 medium eggs
15g chocolate vermicelli
24 large/jumbo pretzels broken roughly into horn shapes
24 brown sugar-coated chocolate candies
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 muffin trays with paper cases.
2. Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs gently together in a medium bowl and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
3. Spoon the cake mixture evenly into the paper cases, to just over half full.
4. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until golden and risen. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely.
5. Spread the icing onto the cupcakes. Insert the pretzel shapes into the top of each cupcake for antlers. Use the black writing icing pen to make a small circle on each white chocolate drop to create an “eye”. Place the drops flat side up, underneath antlers for the eyes. Then stick on the brown chocolate candies to create the nose with a little of the black writing icing. Sprinkle over some chocolate vermicelli for fur to finish.