How to Make Betty Crocker™ Flower Bouquet Vanilla Cupcakes
Bake these indulgent, velvety vanilla cupcakes using the below recipe from Betty Crocker™. It’s so quick and easy to whip up a batch by using the Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix, and Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Icing. Use food colouring in colours of your choice, and present as a flowerpot bouquet – perfect for Mother’s Day!
90 ml vegetable oil
180 ml water
3 medium free range eggs
1.5 tsp Pink food colouring »
1 tsp Blue food colouring »
24 x Cupcake cases »
To present as a bouquet:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas mark 4.
2. Mix eggs, oil, water & cake mix and whisk for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Pour evenly into cupcake cases.
3. Bake for 18 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
4. To ice. To create a 2-tone effect, divide icing into 2 bowls. Add 1 tsp of pink colouring to one and mix. Add the rest of the pink and all the blue to the other and mix. Spoon each colour into separate piping bags, snip the ends off creating 1-2cm hole. Place both into a third piping bag, snip the end off and add the nozzle. Push the coloured bags towards the nozzle. Starting at the edge of each cupcake, squeeze star shapes in one layer without any gaps. Chill in the fridge.
5. To present. Rest a foam sphere in a flower pot so that half the foam is on top. Insert skewers evenly spread around the sphere. Leave about 3cm of the skewer poking out and press the cupcakes onto the skewers. Once the icing is set, scrunch up green tissue squares in between the cupcakes. Use cocktail sticks to secure.