How to Make Applique Christmas Cards
If you’re a lover of fabric or sewing, don’t feel that you have to miss out when it comes to making your Christmas cards. Learn how to make some applique Christmas cards, where you can use up your favourite fabrics from your stash and get creative with mixed media to show everyone what you love!
- Fold the green card in half and glue the ribbons vertically on to the card.
- Cut out a rectangular piece of white card, cover with snowflake tissue paper and stick to the centre of the card.
- Using the template, cut out two light green and two dark green holly leaf pieces from the felt and sew together.
- Stitch three red buttons to the holly leaves and sew a bar brooch on the back. Pin the brooch to a piece of blue felt and stick on the front of the card.
- Cut out a brown ‘pudding’ shape, white felt ‘cream’ and green holly leaf shapes.
- Next, cut out a square of red polka dot fabric slightly smaller than the blue paper.
- Pin the felt pieces to the fabric and stitch in place.
- Add gold seed beads and a red button. Sew the finished Christmas pudding to the blue paper and glue to the folded white card.