How to Make an Owl Keyring
Have a hoot with this how to make an owl keyring. With owls and birds continuing to be a trend this year, what better than to mix them up with a few quick tassels – to make an item of jewellery that’s really en vogue? This little FIMO handbag charm is super sweet – and super easy to make.
Suitable for : Intermediates
- Grease proof paper
- Drinking straw
- Rolling pin
- Working on the grease proof paper, roll half a block of caramel-coloured FIMO with a rolling pin until it is approximately 3 mm thick.
- Roll pieces of the remaining colours and use the craft knife to cut the shapes and arrange them on top as shown.
- Cut around the entire piece leaving a 5 mm gap, then punch a hanging hole with a straw.
- Bake as per the pack instructions on the grease proof sheet.
- Prepare the key ring. Attach jump rings to two lengths of chain and add to the swivel ring.
- Cut six lengths of suede. Make a tassel by closing a crimp around three lengths and repeat to make two tassels.
- Attach tassels to swivel clip with jump rings.
- Once cooled, attach the owl to a short length of chain with a jump ring at each end and add to swivel ring.