How to Make an Intricut Teepee Birthday Card
Learn how to create this fantastically fun birthday card using the Intricut teepee themed die set – perfect for a recipient of any age! Use cardstock in colours of your choice to create a totally unique design.
- Layer a cream 5 x 7 inch card blank with a sheet of Explore the Globe patterned paper.
2. Die cut the tepee using a brown sheet of coloured card stock, and again in cream. In-order to paper piece the tepee in other colours, it needs to be glued onto another brown piece of card. Add glue from a glue stick all over the brown card, and fix down the brown tepee outline together with all the loose waste bits to fill both outer sections of the tent.
3. Take the cream coloured waste sections; add the two front panels, and all the thin stripes in the tent doorway. Fussy cut the cream tepee outline to remove the poles at the very top, and also the front doorway section. Apply glue, and fix on top of the original brown outline.
4. To add colour to the tent sides, die cut the tepee from a dark turquoise coloured cardstock, a burnt orange colour, and also a deep rusty yellow colour. Add the waste bits to the tent sides creating an ordered pattern. The tepee now needs fussy cutting from the brown card backing sheet.
5. Craft the triangular patterned border across the top and bottom of the card in a similar way to the tepee. Use cream card to die cut the diamond pattern, and fussy cut this to produce triangles. Glue several of these onto cream backing card. Add the same three colours to match the tent sides.
6. Fussy-cut the triangular pattern away from the cream backing. Use a craft knife to carefully cut away the inner sections of the design. Once complete, glue both borders onto the card front, top and bottom.
7. Die cut three feathers from the gold glitter card. Do the same using the glitter card upside down this time, in-order to have three matching feathers sitting back-to-back. Split three short lengths of brown embroidery thread in half, to leave three strands together. Glue a feather onto each end keeping the glitter paper outermost, using tacky glue. Then glue each strand onto the top of the tepee wrapping it around the poles a couple of times, before securing it to the back. The feathers should be able to swing freely.
8. Add 3d foam pads to the reverse side of the tepee and fix into place centrally on the card front.
9. Die cut the sentiment, and numbers one and eight, from more gold glitter card. Also die cut from brown cardstock. Glue the gold glitter elements onto the brown ones to create more depth. Add more glue onto the reverse and fix these onto the card design.