How to Make an Intricut Snow Globe Shaker Card
Create a stunning card for your nearest and dearest with a helping hand from the Intricut snow globe die set. There are lots of different designs that can be created with this versatile die set, from shaker cards (like we’ve made) to quick and easy aperture cards; all you need is your trusty die cutting machine, some cardstock, and a few trusty craft essentials…
Project by Julie Hole
1. Trim a panel of white cardstock to 12 x 17cm and round all four corners with a 10mm corner punch.
2. Die cut an 8cm diameter circle from the top half of the cardstock panel. Keep hold of the ‘waste’ circle cut from the centre of the die for later.
3. Die cut the globe from black cardstock. Trim out all of the detail section from the centre of the globe and set aside for later.
4. Apply glue sparingly to the back of black globe cut-out and stick around the die-cut circle aperture with a glue pen. Leave to dry.
5. Cut out the globe again, this time from white cardstock. Trim away the base of the globe and discard. Stick this piece to the die cut circle ‘waste’ section from step two.
6. Cut the globe details out in Christmas-green cardstock twice, cut away the tree details from both die-cuts. Glue one of the die cuts to the white base layer, set aside the second one for later.
7. Continue to build up the base section in this manner by die cutting details in golden yellow, tan and charcoal grey cardstock.
8. Cut two 10.5 x 10.5cm pieces of acetate. Use 3D foam pads to create a sealed circular rimmed section on one of these pieces.
9. Once the detailed base section (in white cardstock) is completed and dry, glue it into position within the 3D foam pad rimmed area. Once dry, apply a second layer of 3D foam pads directly over the first layer, this time staggering the joins in a brickwork fashion. This will help to create a good seal to retain the glitter to be added.
10. Add a moderate amount of glitter within the rimmed area on top of the base layer. Remove the protective layer from the foam pads and stick the second piece of acetate over the first, pressing firmly around the foam pads to ensure that a good seal has been created. Do not test the shaker section until you’re sure a good seal has been made or you will lose all of your glitter!
11. Take the black die cut globe details from earlier and stick to the front of the acetate shaker section carefully lining up the details with the white section underneath. Again fill in the detail areas with coloured cardstock as with the base section.
12. Die cut the “Let It Snow” sentiment and striped banded area of the globe base in gold glitter cardstock. Glue into place on the aperture front.
13. Cut the globe base section from tan brown and red cardstocks and carefully glue into place.
14. Glue the shaker section to the card blank front and adhere the front aperture panel over the shaker section, securing in place with 3D foam pads.