How to Make an Intricut Shaker Card
Banish the winter blues with this bright and colourful shaker card.
Shakers are super-easy to make and are perfect for using up card scraps. When it comes to the confetti, the more you have the better – simply cut away with your craft punch until your hearts content!
1. Position your kraft card blank on a cutting mat so that it’s landscape, with the fold at the top. Use a metal ruler and craft knife to trim the card blank to 14cm wide by 10.5cm tall.
2. Cover the front of the card blank with white textured cardstock, place to one side. Use you craft punch of choice (we used Xcut’s ribbon hole punch) to create confetti for the inside shaker compartment – use as many or as few colours as you like!
3. Place three stacked 1cm wide strips of white adhesive foam around the edge of the card, on the top layer apply double-sided tape. Add in the palm punched confetti and then secure a piece of acetate that’s been cut to 14 x 10.5cm on top of the tape.
4. To create the glitzy border, trim gold glitter cardstock to 14 x 10.5cm. On the reverse measure a 1.5cm border from each of the edges. Remove the central rectangle with a craft knife. Use double-sided tape to secure the glitter frame to the card, lining up the edges as you do so.
5. Use the Intricut Bicycle Die Set to cut a bike from cardstock. Cover with clear embossing ink before sprinkling over clear embossing powder; shake off the excess then set with a heat tool.
6. Secure the bike centrally to the acetate with a glue pen.