How to Make an Intricut Camping Notelet
Use the Intricut camping die set to create this fun and detailed birthday sentiment! Learn how to layer each piece to create a sense of depth within your work by following the tutorial below. Perfect for an avid adventurer!
- 7 x 7 inch White Cards and Envelopes »
- Intricut Camping Die Set »
- Intricut Sentiment Die Set »
- Papermania A5 Textured Coloured Cardstock »
- Hobbycraft A4 Premium Card Pack – Bright Essentials »
- Hobbycraft A4 White Card Pack »
- Hobbycraft Dark Blue Pigment Ink Pad »
- Papermania 5 x 7 inch Clear Stamping Block »
1. Trim an inch from the bottom of a 7 x 7″ card blank.
2. Work the sky first by covering the stamp block once with the dark blue ink pad. Mix the ink with a little water, and spread over the block. Press down onto the inky water with a white card blank to produce a light coloured, inky, sky effect. Set aside to dry.
2. Using a mid-green sheet of textured card, hand-cut the green hill for the background, leaving a thin white border around the edge. Also, hand-cut three treetops using the image as a guide.
3. Now hand-cut, from a pale muted green piece of textured card, the distant tree on the left-hand side, including a row of grass along the bottom. Hand-cut the two trees either side with a lower line of grass from a light buff coloured card.
4. Begin creating the camping elements of the notelet by paper-piecing the die cut images. The campervan is first die cut from white card, and the headlight cut away for later. Fix onto spare white card using a glue stick. Replace some of the cut-out pieces, such as the roof, bumper, wheels etc. Then cut the van again using a sheet of smooth grey card, and lastly from a sheet of smooth orange. Fussy-cut the grey van removing the top window section, and glue on top of the white layer. Fussy cut the orange van leaving the main body panels, and glue this on top of the grey layer. Fix the white headlights back in place. Cut away all the white backing card from around the van, using a craft knife to cut away the window areas.
5. Craft the tent in a similar way, using smooth grey card first onto a white card backing. Then die cut again using smooth blue card, fussy cutting, and adding back in all the waste bits.
6. Make up the camp fire in the same way, using smooth card. The lamp can be cut from smooth grey card, and just use a tiny piece of white backing card behind the flame only.
7. Use the same green textured card to paper piece the map.
8. Die cut the sentiment from smooth orange and blue card. Glue together slightly off centre and back onto red card.
9. Glue the background hill section onto the inked card blank, using a glue stick. Fix the next pale green layer using 3D foam pads, adding the distant tree top section on the left. The next buff coloured layer can be fixed into place using 3D foam pads as well. Double up the pads on the tree trunks to keep the card sitting on the same level. Fussy-cut another row of buff grass for the foreground which can be fixed using a glue stick along the bottom edge.
10. Now have fun positioning the camping elements into the scene using more foam pads. The van and tent are glued in place at the bottom, with foam pads added towards the top to lift them away slightly.
11. HOW TO CREATE THE BIRTHDAY WISHES GREETING Use the waste orange ‘S’ as a hook for the lamp.