How to Make an Embossed Cosmic Shimmer Card
Create a beautifully embossed card with a touch of glitz thanks to the Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss medium, an embossing folder and an intricate sentiment die.
- White 5 x 7” Card Blanks »
- 12 x 12” My Colors ‘Polar Bear’ Cardstock – available in-store only
- Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss ‘Golden Sand Kiss’ »
- ‘Geometric Lines’ Embossing Folders »
- Intricut ‘Happy Birthday’ Die Set »
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad »
- Papermania Clear Embossing Powder »
- Papermania 6 x 6” Capsule Smooth Premium Cardstock Colossal »
1. Gather your supplies; glitter cardstock, card blank, coloured cardstock, embossing folder, Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss medium, sentiment die and clear embossing powder.
2. Emboss a dark blue piece of cardstock with the embossing folder and trim.
3. Apply a fine layer of Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss to the foam applicator which is stored in the lid of the pot and lightly ‘kiss’ the raised parts of the embossed card with the foam pad by going across it from left to right, reapply medium to the pad as required. Rotate the card 90 degrees and repeat, rotate 90 degrees again and repeat, rotate one final time 90 degrees and repeat.
4. Cut one piece of white shimmer effect cardstock slightly larger than your embossed panel, cut a coloured piece slightly larger again, cut another piece of white shimmer-effect cardstock to the same size as your card blank. Adhere the largest piece to the card blank first, followed by the two smaller pieces behind the embossed panel. Mount the matted panel to the card blank with foam pads.
5. Die-cut a ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment and tab from white and coloured cardstock. Heat emboss the white die-cuts with clear embossing powder.
6. Glue the two sentiments, tab and stars together, offsetting them slightly.
7. Mount the die-cut sentiment, tab and star to the card front with foam pads.
Hints and Tips
- Cut foam pads in order to make them small enough to conceal behind the intricate die-cuts.
- The Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss is touch dry almost immediately, which prevents unwanted spread of the medium.