How to Make an Embossed Birthday Card
Celebrate a momentous occasion with an extra-special birthday card – all you need is your die cutting machine, some coloured cardstock and a few craft essentials! Personalise the design by adding a splash of colour in the recipients favourite tones with papers from your craft stash.
1. Start by gathering up the components needed to create the project.
2. Layer a trimmed 14 x 14cm panel of dark turquoise cardstock onto a white card blank, use 3d foam pads to create height and dimension.
3. Next, layer a 13cm square panel of light turquoise cardstock on top using more 3d foam pads.
4. Die cut the ‘Happy birthday’ sentiment panel into dark turquoise cardstock carefully keeping all the pieces intact.
Top Tip – While the die-cut is still in the die, attach some double-sided tape to the back then add a trimmed piece of cardstock to help keep all the pieces intact.
5. Attach double-sided tape all across the front of the sentiment panel then fix another dark turquoise die cut panel to the front only this time omitting all the inner pieces.
6. Die cut the sentiment panel again into four different colours of cardstock, then use all the inner pieces to fill the sentiment panel in whichever colour combination you like.
7. Emboss a 12 x 12cm panel of white cardstock using the star confetti embossing folder, fix this to the card front using 3d foam pads.
8. Add the sentiment panel to the card front using more 3d foam pads, then adhere a scattering of left-over stars around the card front to finish.