How to Make an Embellished Tassel Stocking
Simple but elegant, have a go at making your own embellished tassel stocking for Christmas this year – it really is a breeze!
1. Using a disappearing marker or a heat sensitive pen (you iron the marks away afterwards) mark out on the stocking where you would like your trimmings to sit.
2. Hand or machine sew them in place.
3. Using the Clover tassel maker and following the instructions enclosed, make a selection of different size and coloured tassels from various yarns and embroidery threads. Make sure they all hang at different lengths. Add beads to the hanging thread if you like.
4. Gather the tassels together and tie with some complimenting yarn. Thread a needle with the yarn and sew through the top of the corner of the stocking, then tie in a tight double knot.
5. Add some beads to this yarn, knot and trim.