How to Make an Autumnal Leaf Garland
Spruce up your walls in time for the cosiest time of year with this gorgeous modern autumnal leaf garland. Illustrator Becki Clark has provided downloadable templates that you can either load into Design Space to use with a Cricut machine, or cut by hand using a craft knife and cutting mat.
Craft Knife (available in store at Hobbycraft)
Note: This project can also be completed by using the template to cut with a kraft knife and cutting mat.
1. Load the leaf templates onto the Circuit design space making sure your removed the background so all that is left is the leaf shapes
2. Lay a piece of coloured paper onto the cutting mat making sure your design will fit onto the paper, the templates are designed to fill a piece of a4.
3. Once cut remove the excess paper and repeat with 4 more pieces of different coloured paper
4. You should have a pile of about 30 mixed coloured leaves
5. Begin tying them to the twine by knotting each leaf in place, I have made two lengths of 1 metre. once secure wash tape your garland in place.