How to Make a ‘Year of Us’ Flipbook
Need something a little bit different for Valentine’s this year? Well how about making this fab flipbook scrapbook album that will not only last for Valentine’s Day but for the whole year ahead. Fill up each page with photos and memories as the months go by. A gift that lasts a whole year.
Top Tip! Decorate the scrapbook album with the binding at the top so as the album can be stood on a desk and flipped to each month. Keep in mind that some pages will be flipped over so ensure to decorate each page the right way up.
1. Lay out each page slightly different to one another by using an array of die cuts, stickers, thickers and stamping. We’ve used various shades of pink along with a buff colour, adding a pop of gold.
2. Use the We R Memory Keepers Punch Board to cut an assortment of different sized frames to attach throughout the album.
3. Attach solid squares in various colours using 3D foam pads, these squares can be used to add more photos or writing.
4. Stamp and fussy cut the bugs using black pigment ink, fix to the page layout using 3D foam pads for added dimension.
5. To create the side tabs, cut 12, 2 x 3 cm squares of white cardstock, stamp out the abbreviated months onto coloured cardstock and attach to the end of each white tab. Make the tabs double sided so when the album is flipped over the months can still be seen.
7. Decorate the front cover in a similar way, painting the wooden letters with a few coats of white acrylic paint allowing the letters to dry in between coats.
8. Clear emboss the letters by inking them with a clear pigment ink pad then sprinkle clear embossing powder on top before setting with a heat tool. This give a nice glossy effect.