How to Make a Winter Wonderland Cloche
Whether we have a white Christmas or not, create a winter wonderland of your own at home with this beautiful winter wonderland cloche project from Cricut. For extra snowiness, cut loads of window cling frosted snowflakes to flutter down the sides!
1. Preparation: Paint the wooden house with white acrylic paint. If your cloche base is not white, you can paint this to match too. Clean the cloche using glass cleaner. Once dry, place the house inside the glass cloche.
2. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore machine. Select ‘Create a new project’ then ‘insert image’. Search for and select a few ‘snowflake’ images.
3. Resize the images to a range of differing sizes; approximately 0.5” to 1.3” diameter.
4. Create a text box saying ‘Snowy Winter Days’, selecting a font: this project used Cricut Classic Tall Ball. Resize the text to fit the glass cloche; approximately 4.2” wide x 7.7” high.
5. Cut the snowflake images from frosted window cling and the text from linen vinyl, adjusting the setting on the Smart Dial accordingly.
Use the XL vinyl applicator to apply the cardstock to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
6. Carefully remove the window cling or vinyl from the cutting mat.
7. Use the weeder tool to remove the unwanted vinyl. Following the packaging instructions, use transfer tape to position the text on to the glass cloche.
8. Carefully lift the cut snowflakes from the window cling and apply to the cloche.