How to Make a ‘Willow Lane’ Scrapbook Layout
This is my little granddaughter Molly, enjoying herself on a recent walk in our local park. The Maggie Holmes Willow Lane papers, embellishments and ephemera all coordinate beautifully, which makes creating a beautiful scrapbook layout a doddle!
1. Gather up all the lovely elements and decide which you will use – I always play around with various elements before finally adhering to them to the page.
2. Cut strips of various papers for the banners. To get perfect ‘tails’ mark the centre of your strip and snip upwards.
3. Now cut from one corner to the top of your cut line.
4. Cut from the other corner – perfectly even tails every time!
6. Add the strips to the page, and cut a 16 x 21cm card to mat your photo.
7. Add the journalling tag and other elements, leaving the alphabet stickers until last
Top Tip: If you add journalling onto a tag in an envelope like this one, when you slide your completed page into the page protector of your scrapbook album, carefully use a craft knife to cut a slit and pull the ribbon on the tag through the slit. This means that anyone looking at the page, can pull out the tag to read the journalling without pulling the whole page out of the album