How to Make a Washi Tape Christmas Card
Washi tape backgrounds are ideal for cards, and there are lots to choose from in our 2018 Christmas Papercraft collection.
For this traditional notelet, we opted for three beautiful designs from the Winter Woodland collection, placing them on top of white cardstock to really make the designs pop!
- Trim dark red cardstock to 17.5 x 12.5cm then attach to the front of a 5 x 7 inch card blank. Trim a piece of white card 17 x 12cm.
2. Run lengths of the three different washi tapes across the white card leaving a small gap between each length to create an all over pattern.
3. Use a ruler and a craft knife to trim through the washi tape around the edges leaving a small border. Peel off the excess washi tape then attach to the card front.
4. Rub a clear embossing ink pad over a wooden glitter sentiment then sprinkle with tinsel gold embossing powder. Tap off the excess and melt with a heat tool.
5. Trim white card to 17 x 4cm, then layer on top of a strip of dark red cardstock measuirng 16.5 x 3.5cm. Adhere the sentiment on top.
6. Attach the completed panel to the card front towards the bottom.