How to Make a Valentine’s Day Aperture Card
If you’re looking for some Valentine’s Day card inspiration, you’ve come to the right place! Aperture cards are perfect for framing your personalised papercraft messages. The new Dovecraft ‘Hearts & Crosses’ collection » has tonnes of sticker and paper packs to help you create gorgeous love themed designs. Take a look at the below tutorial to see how easy it is to implement a vibrant design into this style of card.
- Dovecraft ‘Hearts & Crosses’ collection – 3D Toppers »
- Dovecraft ‘Hearts & Crosses’ collection – Heart Shaped Adhesive Pearls »
- Dovecraft ‘Hearts & Crosses’ collection – 6“ x 6“ Plain Paper Pack »
- Dovecraft ‘Hearts & Crosses’ collection – 6“ x 6“ Patterned Paper Pack »
- 5“ x 5“ white card blanks Craft UK »
- Stix 2 Anything – A5 Acetate Sheets »
- White Card A4 Pack »
- Trim a piece of light pink plain paper from the Dovecraft Hearts & Crosses 6″ x 6″ paper pack and a piece of white card to 5″ square.
2. Adhere the plain paper to the card.
3. Measure and mark 1 1/8″ in from each side. Use a metal ruler and with a craft knife cut a 2 ¾” square aperture out of the centre.
Top Tip! Measure and mark in light pencil where you need to cut, double check and then carefully cut with a craft knife.
4. Trim a piece of ‘You’re lovely’ paper from the Dovecraft Hearts & Crosses 6″ x 6″ patterned paper pack to 4.5″ square.
5. Measure and mark ¾” in from each edge and cut out a 3″ aperture from the centre.
6. Adhere the smaller frame on top of the larger base frame to leave an even border.
7. Cut a 4″ square piece of acetate and adhere to the back of the frame with double sided tape.
8. Lightly mark with a pencil the corners of a 3″ square (1″ in from each edge) on the front of a 5″ square card blank.
9. Place Dovecraft Hearts & Crosses Heart Shaped Adhesive Pearls in a 5 x 5 grid inside the 3″ square.
10. Place a Dovecraft Hearts & Crosses 3D Topper in the centre of the acetate window.
11. Mount the frame on foam pads and adhere to the front of the card blank.