How to Make a Sweet Tree
An easy way to decorate your wedding tables, the Sweet Tree also adds a fun element to your Wedding Day. It will also keep your guests entertained, especially if they’re feeling a little peckish!
Skill level : Beginner
Allow : Two hours and 30 minutes (including drying time)
- Chose the Oasis size ball you require.
- In your chosen bucket, centrally set the dowel using Plaster of Paris – making sure it’s straight (this will take around an hour to dry).
- Using a small piece of tape, stick your ribbon to the base of the dowel and wrap around until completely covered. Use a small piece of tape at the top to hold the ribbon in place.
- Scrunch tissue paper into the bucket to hide the Plaster of Paris.
- Pierce the Oasis ball with the dowel and slide on, making sure that the dowling isn’t poking out of the top of the Oasis.
- Use cocktail sticks to attach your chosen sweets, inserting them all the way round the ball to create a nice pattern.
- Finish off your Sweet Tree by decorating the bucket with pretty ribbon.