How to Make a Stamped Santoro’s Gorjuss Card
If you’re new to the wonderful world of Santoro’s Gorjuss, this project is the perfect place to start! Santoro’s Watercolour Pen sets make colouring in the Gorjuss girls a breeze; simply scribble the pen onto a stamp block, then use a brush to add a little water to the colour to dilute it every-so-slightly, then use a thin paintbrush to pick up the colour and transfer it to the design… What could be simpler?!
Project by Angela Johnson
- Santoro Gorjuss Large Stamp – Sugar & Spice »
- Santoro Gorjuss A4 Ultimate Die Cut & Paper Pack »
- Santoro Gorjuss Little Thoughts Ribbon »
- Santoro Dual-Tip Watercolour Pens Brights »
- Santoro Dual-Tip Watercolour Pens, Neutrals »
- Santoro Embellishment Kit »
- Black Ink Pad »
- Xcut Rectangle Parenthesis dies »
- White A5 Card Blank »
- Purple Cardstock »
- Cover the front of an A5 card blank with a sheet of patterned paper from the A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack – cut to size using a paper trimmer.
2. Add thread through the centre of two wooden hearts, and secure to a length of Little Thoughts Ribbon. Secure along the left-hand side of the front of the card with a small amount of tacky glue.
3. Die cut a parenthesis frame from purple cardstock and back with a contrasting paper from the Santoro Ultimate Paper Pack. Secure the parenthesis frame centrally to the card with double-sided tape.
4. Using a black ink pad, stamp the Sugar & Spice stamp on to a piece of smooth white card. Clean the stamp, and then ink the dress section of the design and transfer onto coloured paper from the Ultimate Pack to match the front of the card.
5. Use watercolour pens to colour in the face, hair, arms, legs, shoes of the first stamped image. Once completely dry, fussy-cut the stamped design using scissors or a craft knife. Colour in the dress in the same way as the first stamped image, add in highlights to the dress to add dimension. Leave to dry, then cut out.
6. Add ribbon to the waist section of the dress, tucking and securing the edges on the back of the piece. Stick the dress on top of the main stamped image, making sure to line up the edges.
7. Use dimensional foam pads to attach the stamped image to the centre front of the card.
8. To complete the card design, add a coordinating tag.