How to Make a Sock Puppet Monster
Funk it up with crazy sock puppet monster, who can make anyone laugh with his quirky sense of humour and lovable personality! Plus, it’s a great make for the little ones too.
Time needed : Around one hour
Skill level : Intermediate
What you NeedCraft Essentials
How to Make
- PVA glue
- Old sock (preferably washed!)
- Put sock onto one hand, pushing in the end between thumb and your other four fingers to form a mouth. Using a needle darner, sew into place with pink cotton thread down each side.
- Cut a semi circle of yellow felt to fit inside mouth and glue into place. Add a tongue cut out of red felt as shown.
- Cut out two nostrils from fuchsia pink foam and glue on the top of the sock at the front, for the nose.
- Glue two small pink pom poms on as shown and affix a wiggly eye on each.
- Cut two pieces of grey chenille stem for her eyebrows and glue into place above the eyes.
- Group three pink feathers together and glue into place on the front of the heel of the sock. Cut out a crown from the remaining yellow felt and affix into place in front of the pink feathers.
- Finish by gluing three pom poms down the back of the sock.