How to Make a Snowman Wreath
Let the kids get involved in some wreath making this year, with a fun snowman wreath! This guy is easily achievable as he already comes in the right shape base, simply add felt and buttons for a Christmas character to adorn your door this Christmas!
Instructions by Angela Gilbert.
- Snowman rattan wreath base »
- Black felt sheet »
- Red felt sheet »
- Red ribbon »
- Green button »
- Small piece of fabric »
- Template (below)
1. For the hat, cut a square 16cm x 16cm from the black felt.
2. Cut a strip 7cm x 29cm for the brim, and glue onto the front of the square with an even amount each side.
3. Add a strip of red felt 3cm x 16cm to the front, above the rim, and glue in place.
4. Glue a button onto the red strip. 5. Glue the hat onto the wreath where the hat shape is placed.
6. For the mittens, cut two of the patterns in the contrast red colour to match and glue onto the main body of the wreath.
7. Cut fabric into a rectangle and hem around the edges with a 5mm seam allowance, then sew through the middle from bottom to top and pull to gather and tie to form a bow tie shape. Attach bow tie to the neck with the thread and glue to secure. 8. Finish by making a bow and glue to the gloves.