How to Make a Snow Cool Envelope Advent
Whipping up an advent for little ones is quick and easy when you have some beautiful Snow Cool patterned papers and embellishments to hand! Create the envelopes for your advent using the instructions below, decorate with a scattering of embellishments and toppers, then fill with your choice of sweet treats and cryptic clues for a 12 Days of Christmas countdown.
Top tip: Use washi tape over the top envelope flap to allow easy access to the mystery contents inside, the advent can then be used year after year.
- Snow Cool 12 x 12” Patterned Paper Pack »
- Snow Cool Multi-colour Star Washi Tape »
- Snow Cool Jingle All The Way Washi Tape »
- Snow Cool Die-cut Sentiments »
- Snow Cool Character Puffy Stickers
- Snow Cool Wooden Frames »
- Snow Cool White Wooden Stars »
- Frozen Wishes Silver Glitter Numbers »
- Frozen Wishes Glitter Star Wooden Shapes »
- Snow Cool Sentiment Puffy Stickers »
- Snow Cool Polar Bear Die-cut Toppers »
- Snow Cool White Mini Pegs »
- A4 Soda Pop Premium Cardstock »
- Trim a 10.5 x 27.5cm panel of cardstock from the 12 x 12″ Snow Cool Patterned Paper Pack, then score at 2.5cm followed by 12.5cm, turn and score at 1cm along both of the longest edges.
2. Trim off the first two scored sections along the edge then round the two corners nearest the flap end. Make a small diagonal cut into the two remaining edge flaps.
3. Fold up all the score lines and crease with a bone folder, glue the flaps to secure into an envelope shape.
4. Fix a wooden frame to each pocket then adhere a white wooden star to each frame along with a silver glitter number from 1 to 12.
5. Decorate each pocket using various embellishments from the Snow Cool collection; we’ve used ribbons, puffy stickers, die-cut toppers, washi tapes and wooden stars.
6. Fill each envelope with a small surprise for your little ones then secure the pocket closed using a small piece of craft tape. Hang each envelope along a length of twine using white mini pegs.