How to Make a Sizzix Bigz Moped Card
Did you know, that you can do more than just cut paper with your die cutting machine? Sizzix bigz dies also cut through fabric, which makes them perfect for adding a soft craft, tactile element to you card making projects.
Top tip! If you’re using a fabric that’s quite thin or has a loose weave, apply interfacing >> to the wrong side of the fabric to provide stability.
- Using a metal ruler and craft knife, trim the card blank down to 6 1/2″ x 7″.
2. Create a frame to sit the swallow fabric behind from kraft brown cardstock, our measured 6″ x 6 1/2″, with a 5″ sqaure aperture positioned 1/2″ from the top, left and right-hand edges of the frame.
3. Apply double-sided tape to the back of the frame and secure a 6 1/2 x 7″ piece of tracing paper on top. Apply another layer of tape to secure the swallow fabric in place. Add a piece of white adhesive foam cut to 6″ x 7 1/2″ to the back of the frame and secure centrally to the card blank.
4. Die cut the moped design from various fabrics, where you need two of some pieces layer two pieces of fabric on top of each other. To create the headlamp, tail light and wheel centres die cut glitter cardstock.
5. Use tacky glue and the image below as a guide, assemble the moped and leave to dry on a scrap piece of acetate or a cutting mat. Once dry, secure the moped to the bottom of the card.
6. Die or hand-cut your number of choice from glitter cardstock, and apply to the top right-hand corner with foam pads.