How to Make a Bon Voyage Shaker Card
Now that the New Year is officially upon us it’s time to start thinking about 2019 adventures; you may well know a lucky someone who is going off to explore the big wide world… So why not wish them happy travels with this cute bon voyage globe shaker card.
1. Start by trimming out the centre of a 12 x 12cm panel of patterned paper leaving a frame with a width of approximately 1.5cm.
2. Attach the frame to the front of a 5 x 5” white card blank.
3. Hand or die cut three white clouds and fix to the centre of the card blank.
4. Create a frame by die-cutting two square dies together. Die cut the frame six times then stack and glue them all together and attach to the card front.
Top tip: Stacking the die cuts in this way is great for shaker cards, not only do they add dimension but the tiny shaker pieces do not stick around the edges like when using foam pads.
5. Die cut the tiny plane three times from white cardstock and glue them all together, colour in the plane that is showing on top using an illustration marker. Fix the completed plane toward the top then fill the frame with tiny coloured stars.
Top tip: Why not try blending different pens from your chosen Artiste Illustration pen set for a dimensional look
6. Cut a piece of acetate to fit over the frame. Die cut and stamp the globe and sentiment banner then attach these to the acetate.
7. Die cut the banner from white cardstock and colour in with your choice of Artiste Illustration Marker. Once dry stamp the ‘Bon Voyage’ greeting.
8. Stamp the safe travels sentiment onto a scrap piece of cardstock, trim into a rounded tag shape and adhere to the frame edge before attaching the acetate panel over the top.
9. Die cut another white frame to fit on top of the acetate to finish.