How to Make a Bon Voyage Shaker Card
With summer now well and truly upon us you may well know someone that is going off to explore the big wide world… So why not wish them happy travels with this cute bon voyage globe shaker card.
1. Start by trimming out the centre of a 12 x 12cm panel of patterned paper leaving a frame with a width of approximately 1.5cm.
2. Attach the frame to the front of a 5 x 5” white card blank.
3. Hand or die cut three white clouds and fix to the centre of the card blank.
4. Create a frame by die-cutting two square dies together. Die cut the frame six times then stack and glue them all together and attach to the card front.
Top tip: Stacking the die cuts in this way is great for shaker cards, not only do they add dimension but the tiny shaker pieces do not stick around the edges like when using foam pads.
5. Die cut the tiny plane three times and glue them all together, fix the plane toward the top then fill the frame with tiny coloured stars.
5. Cut a piece of acetate to fit over the frame. Die cut and stamp the globe and sentiment banner then attach these to the acetate.
6. Stamp the safe travels sentiment onto a scrap piece of cardstock, trim into a rounded tag shape and adhere to the frame edge before attaching the acetate panel over the top.
7. Die cut another white frame to fit on top of the acetate to finish.