How to Make a Set of Modern Crackers
There’s so many ways to decorate the set of 6 Kraft Crackers! Suzie Attaway has listed six ways below – have a read and mix and match your own, or choose one style to make a cohesive set for your Christmas table decorations this year.
1. Practice writing your guests names on a piece of paper first. Then write them on the barrel of the cracker, using a pencil in case you make any mistakes.
2. Go over the pencil lines with a black ink pen, and leave to dry before erasing any visible pencil marks.
3. Tie a neat bow either side of the barrel with navy blue satin ribbon and neatly trim the ends with sharp scissors.
Patterned Paper Cracker
1. Measure and cut 3 pieces of silver scallop patterned paper to cover the barrel and ends of the cracker.
2. Cut and stick some strips of double sided tape along the edges of the pieces of scallop paper, then wrap and stick each around the cracker.
3. Cut and tie 2 neat navy blue wool bows either side of the cracker barrel.
1. First practice drawing simple Christmas tree shapes on a piece of paper with a pencil. When you are happy to start, draw them on the kraft cracker with a white pen.
2. Add some white dots for the snow.
3. Tie a bow either side of the barrel with natural stitched ribbon, and neatly trim the ends with sharp scissors.
Pom Pom Cracker
1. Hold the 2 parts of the open small pom pom maker together, the bumps of one section facing the holes in the other. Wind the navy blue yarn evenly around one half until the arch is full.
2. Repeat on the other half of the pom pom maker, then cut the yarn with scissors and close the maker shut. Use the clips to hold it in place.
3. Carefully snip the yarn between the 2 sections all the way round until all the yarn has been cut.
4. Cut and tie a separate length of yarn around the middle, between the 2 sections.
5. Unclip and remove the pom pom maker, then trim the pom pom to give it an even shape.
6. Repeat to make a second pom pom, then tie each either side of the cracker barrel.
Washi Tape Cracker
1. Cut the glitter washi tapes into different length strips and stick to the ends and barrel of the kraft cracker.
2. Tie a neat cream satin ribbon bow either side of the cracker barrel, and trim the ends with sharp scissors.
1. Measure and cut 3 pieces of white paper to cover the barrel and ends of the cracker.
2. Wrap and stick each piece around the cracker with glue.
3. Cut out simple hat and mittens shapes from the navy blue diamond pattern paper. Glue the hat to one end of the cracker, and the mittens to the sides of the middle.
4. Draw the snowman’s eyes, mouth and buttons on the cracker with a black pen.
5. Glue a white pom pom to the hat, and cut and stick an orange felt ‘carrot’ nose in place. Finally tie a navy blue wool ‘scarf’ around the snowman’s neck, or knit/crochet a mini scarf!