How to Make a Rustic Wedding Gatefold Card
If you’ve just celebrated your big day, there’s no better way to say thank you to your guests than with this beautiful card, using the Rustic Wedding collection by Sara Davies. Add inking around your die-cut elements to add the perfect distressed finish to complete the rustic look.
Project by By Mel Joyce
- Sara Signature Rustic Wedding 6 x 6” Paper Pad & Kraft Card Pack »
- Sara Signature Rustic Wedding Delicate Heart die »
- Sara Signature Rustic Wedding J’Adore die »
- Sara Signature Rustic Wedding Metal Charms »
- Sara Signature Rustic Wedding Jute Twine »
- Centura Pearl Cardstock »
- Brown Spectrum Noir Finesse Ink Pad »
- ‘Thank you’ sentiment stamp »
- Score a piece of A4 Centura Pearl cardstock at 7.5cm on each short side and fold.
2. Line up the J’Adore die with one of the fold lines as shown and use low-tack tape or Washi tape to keep it in place, then run it through your die-cutting machine. Repeat on the other side of the cardstock and trim down to create your gatefold card.
3. Create a 6 x 6” card blank from a piece of kraft card and trim it down to measure 14cm-wide. Trim a piece of patterned paper from the pack to fit the kraft card front, with the top of the paper overlapping the fold. Place double-sided tape just behind the fold to secure the paper.
4. Adhere the inside front of the kraft card blank to the centre section of the gatefold card, with the back of the card blank allowing your gatefold card to stand.
5. Use the Delicate Heart die to die-cut a piece of patterned paper. Stamp your ‘Thank you’ sentiment in the centre using a Rustic Brown Spectrum Noir Finesse inkpad. Ink around the edges using a blending tool.
6. Adhere the stamped heart in the centre-back of the card, overlapping the top as shown. Tie the two gatefold panels together with jute twine and thread with a metal charm to finish.
Top tip – Back your stamped heart with a second heart die-cut from thicker cardstock to strengthen it and avoid curled edges in the post.