How to Make a Rocket Pack
Not every rocket pack doubles up as a rucksack! With two compartments, this one is perfect for storing space snacks and gadgets in.
1. Use a glue gun to stick the two bottles together along the lengths. Cut the bottom of the paper cups out and glue each one over the neck of the bottles.
2. Mix up the papier mache paste by combining two parts water to one part PVA glue. Tear the newspaper into squares, then cover the rocket pack with glue and newspaper. Add another layer of glue on top and leave to dry.
3. Paint the pack blue and add a strip of red at the bottom of the boosters.
4. To make the opening, use a craft knife to slice 5cm from the top of the rocket pack.
5. Put silver duck tape all around the cut edges and removed part of the bottle. Add a little more inside the bottom of the rocket pack to seal the bottle openings. Tape the back of the bottle ends back on to create a hinge. You can use a little glue as well for additional strength if needed.
6. For the straps, cut the cotton tape in half to create two 70cm lengths. Create a loop and glue each onto the back of the rocket pack.
7. Finally, add foam stars to decorate the rocket pack.