How to Make a Rattan Star Wreath
There are so many things you can do with Christmas wreaths, you don’t have to stick to tradition!
This beautiful rattan star wreath is great if you’re after something a bit more rustic and it’s really simple to make too, so put a couple of hours aside to indulge in some Christmas craft!
1. Start by painting the wooden stars in a mixture of different coloured craft acrylic paints and leave to dry.
2. Whilst these are drying, cover some of the star fronts in a layer of PVA glue and then sprinkle over gold glitter. Leave for around a minute and then shake off any excess. Leave to dry completely.
3. Once the glitter stars are completely dry, cover with a thin layer of PVA to help keep the glitter fixed in place.
4. Once all of the stars are dry, position on the rattan wreath and then secure in place using a glue gun.
5. To hang the wreath wrap twine around the top, leave two long tail threads approximately 50 centimetres in length and secure with a knot at the end.