How to Make a Rabbit Penny Slider Card
Slider cards can be made in a variety of different ways to create a moving notelet. Here Sue Smith has used the penny slider method to create an adorable hopping bunny rabbit Easter card, that will be sure to put a smile on the lucky recipients face. Follow the tutorial below to find out how to make your very own…
- 5 x 7 inch White Cards and Envelopes »
- Hello Spring 6 x 6 inch Patterned Paper Pack »
- Papermania Textured Coloured Cardstock »
- Hello Spring Wooden Rabbit Toppers »
- Clear Embossing Ink Pad »
- Clear Embossing Powder »
- Sizzix Thinlits Brush Capital Alphabet Dies »
- Sizzix Thinlits Brush Lowercase Alphabet Dies »
- Adhesive 3D Foam Circles »
- Trim down the top of a 5 x 7 inch white card blank to measure 11.5 cm. Trim a sheet of white textured cardstock as a matted layer.
2. Trim a sheet of floral ‘Hello Spring’ patterned paper to measure 15.2 x 4.6 cm. Trim a sheet of pale yellow textured cardstock to mat. Trim again in a pale muted green as a second matted layer.
3. Glue the floral paper to pale yellow card. Cut out a penny slider slot in a curvy line using a craft knife. The slot is about a centimetre wide.
4. Draw a pencil line down the middle of the slot onto the green card to mark a stitching guide. Do the same on the white piece towards the bottom. Machine stitch both lines in a fairly long stitch length. Glue the loose threads down on the reverse with a glue stick.
5. Attach two circular 3D foam pads to a coin close together to form an oval shaped pad. Place this behind the penny slot with the pads within the gap. Fix the second coin on top to hold within the slot. Add two more circular foam pads in the same position on top of the upper coin. Fix the wooden rabbit topper so it sits in the normal horizontal position. An oval shaped pad between the coins stops the rabbit spinning upside down. Double check if the rabbit can move freely across the slot, trim away areas if needed.
6. Glue the white textured matted layer onto the front of the card blank. Glue the green matted layer onto the white at the top. Attach a double layer of 3D foam pads to the yellow slotted layer and fix in place over the green.
7 Add the front facing rabbit to the bottom left hand corner using three layers of 3D foam pads.
8. Die cut ‘HOPPY EASTER’ using both upper and lowercase brush alphabet die sets. Use smooth cardstock in a matching green colour. Heat emboss each letter using clear embossing powder. Glue in place flowing the curved stitch line.