How to Make a Quick Photo Frame
This photo frame is a great craft for kids to make as a gift – its really easy and quick, with little materials required. We used a 10cm square photograph but you could use any size you like, just make the frame the same size.
Suitable for : Beginners
Time Taken : One hour
- Hobbycraft Big Activity Bag »
- 10 cm square photograph
1. Draw a 2.5 cm square onto piece of card. Add a border all the way around – ours was 3 cm but you could make it any size you like. Cut this out to create the basis for your frame.
2. Draw around the frame onto another piece of corrugated card to create the backing piece and cut out. Make it a little smaller if you like so that it won’t be visible from the front.
3. Place the frame onto the rainbow paper from the Big Bag and cut a piece about 2cm larger than the frame all the way round. Draw an X in the centre, from each corner of the frame and cut along the lines.
4. Put glue all over the back of the paper. Now you just need to wrap up the frame like a present – folding the X shape and sides around it.
5. Decorate the frame with sticky dots from the Big Bag. Add a layer of mod podge for shine and to make it a bit stronger.
6. Add glue to the edge of your picture and glue it inside. Glue the backing card in place. To hang the frame, you can tape a little loop of string to the back.
Check out what else you can make with this super versatile activity bag…