How to Make a ‘Pretty Petals’ Mother’s Day Card & Scrapbook
Give Mum a gift she can treasure and use year after year with this matching card and scrapbook set using Dovecraft’s Pretty Petal collection – everything within the collection compliments perfectly ensuring you never have to struggle to find colours and supplies that go together!
- 8 x 8″ Spiral Bound Rose Blush Scrapbook »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals 12 x 12″ Paper Pad »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals With Love Glitter Sentiments »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Wooden Frames »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Paper Flowers »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Adhesive Pearls »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Paper Blossoms »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Glitter Alphabet Stickers »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Sentiment Toppers »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Ribbon »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Printed Tags »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Gem Heart Frame Stickers »
- Dovecraft Pretty Petals Sentiments Stickers »
1. Start by choosing your patterned papers – I used four different designs and just sized them differently for the card or the scrapbook.
2. Cut your papers as follows and mat each one onto white cardstock and leave around an 1/8-inch border. I used double-sided tape to adhere the patterned papers to the plain cardstock.
For the card:
a. 5.5 x 5.5 inches (doesn’t need to be matted as it will be matted straight onto the blank greetings card)
b. 4 x 4 inches
c. 2 ¾ x 4 ¼ inches
d. 3 ¾ x 2 ¼ inches
For the scrapbook:
a. 7 ¼ x 7 ¾ inches (needs matting)
b. 5 ¾ x 5 ¾ inches
c. 4 x 6 inches
d. 5 ¾ x 3 ¼ inches
3. Next you need to layer up your matted patterned papers. Layer one goes flat onto the card or scrapbook.
4. Add one of the wooden frames to the bottom left of the card or scrapbook.
5. Put layer two onto foam pads and attach to the top right-hand corner of the card or scrapbook. Add a spot of tacky glue to wooden frame under where the mat overlaps for extra security.
6. Glue layer three directly onto the top of layer two but add a couple of foam pads to the bottom of layer three where it meets layer one.
7. Pop layer four onto foam pads and adhere to layer three as in the photo.
8. The heart shape is a little big for the card but sits well on the scrapbook on foam pads.
9. Use the embellishments listed to decorate the card and the scrapbook. Trim the tags and add one of the sentiment strips on top and add the word “Mum” with the glittered alphabet stickers. Cut out butterflies from the sticker sheet and add the glittered “With Love” wooden shape on a foam pad. Glue petals and flowers onto the projects and add the pearls.
10. To finish off the scrapbook, cut the ribbons and tie to the spirals of the binding.