How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatchers are a beautiful decoration to hang in the bedroom, and so easy to make using a few components available online and in store at Hobbycraft! Follow this easy tutorial by Little Button Diaries to find out the process of creating a cusomisable dream catcher with tassels and beads.
1. Begin by attaching 3 pipe cleaners together in a line, with about an inch overlap between each one. Connect the ends to form a hoop. Wind all the remaining pipe cleaners onto the hoop to build up strength. Shape it to make it as circular as you can.
2. Tie on a length of wool and wind it around the hoop. Keep winding until you have got all the way around the hoop then tie the ends together.
3. To make the weave on the hoop, pull the wool about 3 inches along and folding it over the top of the hoop. Bring it back in through the loop you have just created and pull taut – but not too much as you will affect the shape of the hoop. Continue all the way along.
4. When you get back to where you started, continue to loop the wool and go around, but instead of looping around the hoop, loop through the previous row of wool. Continue until you have a pattern you are happy with.
5. To make the tassel, wrap wool around your hands approximately 20 times. Slide the wool off and tie 1cm down from the top to secure in place. Trim through the larger loops and neaten up the ends. Repeat to make 2 tassels.
6. Tie each tassel onto a piece of wool and add some beads. Tie a couple of feathers onto another length of wool and add beads as before. Make 3 of these at various lengths. Tie the tassel and feather pendants onto the bottom of the hoop.
7. Tie another piece of wool onto the top of the dream catcher to make a loop for hanging.