How to Make a Photo Wall
Photo walls or gallery walls, are a big trend in interiors right now, you can use them in any room in your house and it doesn’t necessarily have to be a room, sometimes the most successful photo walls are positioned in hallways and on the wall as you go up the stairs.
Whatever room you decide on for your photo wall, there are a few top tips to remember when pulling your collection of photos, prints and collected mementos together. . .
- Paper and pencil
1. Start by collecting all of the imagery you would like to ideally have displayed on your wall, and display in a suitably sized frame.
Top tip!…If you’ve got a frame that’s the perfect size but you’re not too sure on the colour, you could always give it a lick of paint, Chalky Paints are perfect, to give it a brand new look.
2. Make paper templates that are the same dimensions as your frames.
3. Then it’s time to get creative! Use a low tack tape to start positioning the templates on your chosen wall. A ruler may come in handy here if you want to have the same spacing between all of your frames.
My wall at home has a mixture of items that I’ve made so some of them aren’t square, make sure to take this into consideration when laying out your own wall.
4. Once happy with the layout of the templates, it’s time to start hanging the frames.
5. Carefully remove the paper templates from the wall once all of the frames have been hung.
This form of photo wall allows you to constantly move around and change the images that you have on display.
If you’re itching for even more inspiration make sure to check out my post all about different types of photo walls for you to try your hand at.