How to Make a Personalised Bonnet
Get personal this Easter, and get the kids making their own personalised bonnet! Our embellishment packs make it easy for them to get creative and stick their favourite things on, plus their all-important name!
1. Draw roughly around the top of the hat onto card and cut it out to create a base for the nest.
2. Cover the nest base with double-sided tape. Starting in the middle and working outwards, cover the base in small bunches of raffia. To add height to the nest, twist bunches of raffia and tie at the ends to keep them together. Add glue around the sides of the nest and wrap the raffia around. Add more glue where needed. You can tie sections together with more raffia for extra strength.
3. Cut 8 -10 leaves out of green foam, and cut the shredded green paper from the embellishment pack in half. Cover the top of the bonnet with double sided tape and place the foam leaves and shredded paper around the edge. Add a little more tape then stick the nest on top of the hat. You may need to use glue if the tape is not sticky enough.
For an authentic nest look, add some twigs from the garden too!
4. Glue some yellow feathers inside the nest, then glue some eggs on top. Add chicks inside and on the edge of the nest.
5. Cut more leaves from green foam and tape onto the rim of the bonnet. Glue green and yellow pom poms and yellow feathers around the rim.
6. Keep adding pompoms and anything from the embellishment pack that you like, such as the felt rabbit toppers and flowers.
7. To finish, cut out a big leaf shape from green card and use adhesive letters to write your name, then stick to the front of the bonnet.