How to Make a Narwhal Shaker Card
We are head over heels with this adorable narwhal Framelits set from Sizzix, complete with dies and clear layering stamps to create a one-of-a-kind notelet for a special someone in your life!
1. Create an A5 top folding card blank using a piece of white cardstock or 8 x 8″ white card blank.
2. Ink up the card front by scribbling some blue marker pen onto an acrylic block, then use a sponge to dab the ink onto the card keeping the colour around the edges mostly.
3. Stamp out the ‘Love You Tons’ sentiment along with the bubbles using a black ink pad, add a tiny bit of grey marker to the bubbles.
4. Trim an acetate panel to fit the card front then pierce holes all the way around the edges using a piercing tool or needle.
5. Lay the acetate panel onto the open card front, pierce holes through the acetate to the cardstock underneath then sew these two together down both sides and along the bottom creating a pocket.
6. Punch two small red hearts and place inside the pocket along with a good amount of cosmic shimmer glitter jewels, sew along the top securing all the bits inside.
7. Stamp out the narwhal and colour with marker pens adding two drops of glossy accents on the eyes for added dimension. Use the coordinating die to cut out the shape then fix to the card front using 3d foam pads.
Top tip: First colour the narwhal then go over again along the top only this time do lots of dots, this will add shading and texture using just one pen.