How to Make a Mother’s Day Jar Card
Make your mum’s day with this classy jar card, created using the new Sizzix Thinlits Garden Florals dies. With a die cutting machine, it’s never been easier to create quick, homemade cards that look the part!
1. Trim, score and fold a sheet of white hammered card to create a 12.5 x 16.5cm card blank. Cut another sheet of white hammered card 11.5 x 15.5cm
2. Apply a pink Artiste Watercolour Dual Tip Marker to an acrylic stamp block, spritz with water then apply to the hammered card with a paint brush. Repeat with an orange and yellow marker then leave to dry.
3. Using the Sizzix Thinlits Garden Florals, die-cut various flowers, stems and leaves in coloured cardstock that will compliment the watercolour background. Glue the flowers and stems together.
4. Die-cut the vase in vellum. Die-cut the label in white cardstock, write “mum” in the middle then punch small holes either side. Thread thin jute through the holes then wrap around the vase.
5. Attach the vase to the watercolour paper with foam pads. Arrange the flowers and leaves in the vase then fix in place with foam pads.
6. Attach the decorated watercolour paper to the card blank with foam pads.