Cricut: How to Make a Mother’s Day Flower Pot Card
This 3D card is easy to assemble once the layers have been cut and scored using the Cricut Explore Air 2 / Maker™ and the online software, Design Space™. A perfect everlasting bouquet for any Mother or special person.
- Cricut Explore Air 2™ / Maker™ machine, with fine point blade & housing unit
- Cricut Design Space™ online software on pc/Mac/iPad/iPhone/Android
- Cricut 12”x12” standard or light grip cutting mat »
- Cricut Scoring Wheel & housing (Maker) » or Scoring Stylus »
- Cricut Tool Set » – Scraper and spatula
- Sizzix A4 Colour Card »
1. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone/Android device, log on to your Design Space™ account and make sure you are connected to your Explore Air 2™/Maker™ machine. Search for ‘Mother’s Day Flower Pot Card’ within the project library.
2. The project makes a card measuring approximately 5” x 7.5”. Click customise to resize or alter the image or ‘make it’ to cut it as designed.
3. Cut the layers from the appropriate coloured cardstock, inserting the scoring stylus into the accessory port A or scoring wheel housing in port B for the Maker™ when prompted.
Top tip: Use the scraper tool to apply the materials to the cutting mat.
4. Carefully remove each cut image from the cutting mat.
5. Use the silicon side of the scraper tool to carefully crease the score lines of the envelope and card base. Zigzag fold the card base as you slot both pieces together
6. Glue the leaf cut outs to their flower counter parts. Glue the light yellow cardstock and dark yellow petals to the front of the pink flower.
7. Glue the small pink flower yellow pieces behind the first pot section, the blue flowers in the middle section and the large pink flower to the back pot section.
8. Glue the ladybird layers together. Attach the ladybird to the front of the flower pot using sticky foam pads.
9. Fold the envelope along the score lines and glue the bottom and sides together.