How to Make a Mother’s Day Box Frame
Box frames make ideal bases for handmade gifts, simply add a patterned piece of paper to the back of the frame and then build your scene on top, pretty much anything goes, just make sure everything is stuck down securely before it’s displayed in pride of place.
1. Start by dismantling the box frame, fold up the four flexible pins on the reverse side then carefully take the backing board out discarding the flyer.
2. Cut a panel of light pink cardstock to fit inside the frame then attach a 6 x 6” sheet of patterned paper to the centre.
3. Select a handful of coloured cardstock, stamp and emboss the letters to spell the words ‘MUM & ME’ use clear pigment ink then sprinkle with silver embossing powder before setting with a heat tool. Trim each letter into a small pennant flag shapes then trim a further handful of cardstock flags to make up the rest of the bunting strands.
4. Arrange the flags along a length of twine adhering in place at the top of each one, repeat for the second bunting ensuring to leave enough space to add your photo later.
6. Attach the buntings towards the top of the prepared panel fixing in place with a 3d foam pad behind a few of the flags. Slightly curl the ends.
7. Trim your chosen photo to fit inside the glitter frame. Clip two pegs to the top then fix along the bunting using more 3d foam pads, decorate the rest of the panel using a selection of stickers, pearls and toppers.
8. Place the finished panel into the frame ensuring the glass is clean, put the backing board back on top then bend the four pins back to secure everything in place.