How to Make a Kid’s Valentine’s Day Mosaic Card
This darling heart mosaic Valentine’s Day card is the perfect combination of simple and stunning, and allows for kids to help, too! Read the below tutorial to find out how it’s made.
- Start by making the heart template to create the aperture in the front of the card. To do this, fold a piece of scrap paper in half, draw a half-heart shape along the folded edge of the paper and cut the heart out.
2. Use the handmade heart template to trace with a pencil onto the card front. Remove the aperture using a craft knife or scissors. Erase any pencil marks on the front of the card.
3. Select a few shades of pink cardstock and gold glitter card. Cut one stripe of each colour to an approximate width of 1 cm (accuracy is not necessary on this step) with a paper trimmer.
4. Taking the strips one at a time, cut into small pieces of varying lengths.
5. Use a glue stick or tacky glue to adhere the pieces onto the inside of the card so that when the card is closed the heart aperture is covered.
Safety tip: Always do the cutting for your kids to avoid accidents.
We’re always keen to see your crafts, so tag us @hobbycrafthq on Instagram, or @hobbycraft on Twitter using the #MakeItSpring hashtag.