How to Make a Midnight Christmas Scene Advent
Santa gets trendy in this beautiful Christmas scene advent project, using a fashionable midnight blue hue! Grab your paints and get set for a magical Christmas that’s perfect for adults.
1. Paint the inside background of the wooden advent scene in Prussian Blue acrylic paint. Allow to dry, then repeat with a second coat and allow to dry.
2. Paint the drawer fronts in blue and allow to dry. Repeat with a second coat and allow to dry.
3. Paint the outer with white chalk paint to give a ‘white wash’ effect. Leave to dry.
4. Lay the patterned edge of a doily over the top of a drawer. Use a stencil brush and a small amount of gold acrylic paint to stencil over the top of the drawer front. Repeat for each drawer using a different section of doily each time to create slightly different patterns. Leave to dry completely.
Top Tip! Test out the stencilling through a doily on a spare piece of paper first to get used to the amount of paint you require.
5. Paint the Christmas characters in gold acrylic paint and allow to dry. Repeat with another one or two coats, leaving to dry completely between each coat of paint. 6. Use wooden numbers to stick onto the front of the drawers, if preferred.